In addition to traditional optical lenses we also make eyeglass lenses of MELANIN material.
It is the best protection against harmful effects of blue light, even > 90%.
MELANIN is a pigment naturally occurring in the body. It gives color to our skin, hair and iris.
It is MELANIN that protects us from harmful UV radiation.
By receiving signals from the environment about the intensity of radiation, it regulates the level of melatonin in our body.
Melatonin is a very important hormone which regulates our diurnal rhythm and influences the level of immunity. It also controls bowel movements and regulates blood pressure.
It tells our body when it is time for rest and deep brain regeneration (i.e., radiation has decreased, now it is time for tissue regeneration).
Naturally occurring MELANIN is enough to protect us from naturally occurring radiation. However, in the times of ubiquitous screens, the radiation level of harmful blue light significantly exceeds the protective capabilities of our body.
The development of new technologies has led to an unnatural stimulation of our eyes and brain by artificially generated blue light. It is emitted by screens of monitors, tablets, phones and even LED bulbs.
Blue light reaches us nowadays not only from the sun in the natural rhythm of the day, but throughout the time we spend in front of monitors and other devices that emit such light.
Our eyes are particularly exposed to the harmful effects of blue light, so protecting them allows our body to return to the most natural levels of melatonin in the body.
By using glasses with MELANIN to protect your eyes from excessive exposure to blue light, you restore your body's natural diurnal rhythm!
You fall asleep more easily, your sleep is stronger, you stop waking up several times during the night and finally you are deeply rested again. Your brain has time to regenerate and has strength for new challenges. Your immunity is boosted.
One more important thing remains... how to obtain MELANIN for the production of glasses? The most popular and cheapest solution is to obtain it from hair (!), however we leave this solution to our competitors. Our MELANIN comes from a laboratory culture of microorganisms and it is the most expensive but the best source, both because of ethics and the quality of the obtained material.
The lenses we use with MELANIN are the only product that improves on the Farnsworth-Munsell 100 color test (the gold standard in the optical industry).
For whom are glasses with MELANINE recommended?
● people working in front of a computer and professional groups particularly exposed to blue light (e.g. medical workers)
● children, who are more sensitive to the harmful effects of blue light because their eyesight is not yet fully developed and filters out less light
● elderly people, especially those after cataract surgery
● people who spend a lot of time outdoors because the sun is the largest source of blue light
● drivers who are dazzled and sometimes even blinded by the light of other vehicles
● people with biological rhythm and sleep problems: difficulty falling asleep, shallow, short and interrupted sleep, insomnia
● readers, to improve reading comfort and avoid eye strain
● people who suffer from eye fatigue, redness and dryness to eliminate the symptoms and reduce the risk of macular degeneration and cataracts.
We are also distinguished from other eyeglass lens manufacturers by our extremely low consumption of resources such as energy, water and surface area. For melanin lenses, we use melanin derived from laboratory cultured microbes, not from hair as most players in the market do. We are proud of this eco-friendly, vegan and cruelty-free dimension of our business, which enables our customers to make choices close to their hearts even when they buy glasses.
The natural and most important source of light is the sun, and our body takes advantage of the blue light it produces and adjusts to the amount by producing the appropriate hormone called the sleep hormone, melatonin, in the pineal gland.